Thursday, March 11, 2010

Judith Greenwald



"From a wide array of materials, I create textured paintings that are intended to be emotionally resonant and evocative. I am intensely engaged with materials--hand made and oriental papers, paint, plaster, metal, wood, fabric, found objects. Sometimes architect, I build up surfaces-- layering, adding materials, arranging space and rearranging it. Sometimes archeologist, I dig, gauge, peel, probe, sand, and scratch my surfaces. Consequently, my visual language has a powerful physicality.

My work portrays not only the complexity of the surface itself, the dynamic interplay of form, color, and texture, but also the mysteries which lie beneath the surface, the layers of life and experience that are always present but never entirely visible." - Judith Greenwald

To see more of her work, including additional pieces in the "Remnant" series go to her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment