Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Polly Jacobs Giacchina



"I have a passion for my work. Fiber is a flexible, textural medium creating undulating, tactile sculpture. My source of inspiration begins with forms occurring in nature. I am intrigued by my surroundings, the contour of a tree or rock, an outline and color of a single flower, repetition of water breaking on the shore, or patterns left in the sand. At times there is a word that sparks the creative process for a sculpture, joining text and thoughts with nature and the natural weaving material.

I continually explore form and structure with the twining technique. The predominately chosen natural fiber, date palm seed frond, is a strong textural material with varying earth-tone colors. Painted canvas is interlaced for additional color. There is a sense of completion as my work transforms unique parts of nature to a new interpretation. " - Polly Jacobs Giacchina
To see more of her work, go to her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment